1) The darling wife has made me lots of Alton Brown’s jerky, although she used a unitasking food dehydrator rather than Alton’s fan and air filter contraption. She also used some sort of round rather than flank steak – no matter, it is delicious anyway.
2) I don’t believe I ever finalized for y’all the fantasy baseball results. No thanks to Yorvit Torrealba’s ninth home run of the year in that extra game between the Padres and Rockies, I finished in a tie for second. That’s an adequate finish, and better than the tied for last I found the team in back in May, but I’m afflicted with a case of the woulda shouldas.
3) Our TV continues to fritz. I need to do something about that, still.
4) I have so much work to do this week: articles to correct for JOUR 202; quert letters to correct for JOUR 39; a research report due Friday for Reader’s Digest. I should stop blogging.
5) I bought Child Three some goalie pads of his very own. I could not find a properly sized chest protector anywhere, but we managed to borrow one from NDG Hockey. The toe strap on one pad already fell off, but I’ve reattached it, and secured the other straps, with locking nuts.
6) Meanwhile, lest I be accused of favouritism, Children One and Two attend acting lessons at MSOPA.
7) I continue to mull the possibility of a family road trip to Houston in December. Flying costs too much. I wonder if Brett will deign to see me after I’ve called him pink.
8) Is it possible? A decent airplane movie on the horizon? Check out this trailer for “The Red Baron“. This is how World War I fighters flew. “Flyboys” had jets in biplane livery.